Learn about Social Phobia
Social phobia, also referred to as social anxiety disorder, is a chronic mental health condition in which every day interactions cause significant anxiety, self-consciousness, and fear of being judged or scrutinized by others.
Signs of Social Phobia
Some signs of social phobia can be persistent.
- Intense fear of interacting with strangers
- Avoiding situations or speaking to people for fear of embarassment
- Analyzing social situations and identifying faults in your interactions
- Fear that others will notice your social anxiety
- Concerned about offending someone
With proper individualized care, social phobia can be treatable. Social anxiety should not prevent you from enjoying everyday life.
Request Evaluation Today
We know that taking the first step can be difficult. Whether this is your first time seeking psychiatric care or if you are seeking a new provider, Novum Psychiatry can help. Our team of psychiatrists and therapists are committed to understanding your unique experience and working closely with you on a treatment plan to maximize the quality of your life.